Colds which start suddenly, often at night, which are perhaps caused by a cold wind and involve initial chills followed by a high fever with hot dry skin, acute thirst and restlessness. If this remedy is taken in the early stages, it can often stop the cold in its tracks.
Recommended: For all acute or feverish complaints that appear suddenly and with intensity. For best results, take the remedy as soon as the symptoms appear :
- often caused by dry cold, cold wind, panic and shock
- complaints come suddenly and are extremely fierce
- fever rises rapidly and may be very high, with a hot, dry skin
- patient is extremely restless and anxious
- intense thirst for cold drinks
The condition starts suddenly, caused by wet cold weather, and you have a high fever but the skin is hot and moist, your face is red and your head aches.
Recommended: For acute inflammations, cramping and throbbing complaints and high fever.
- often brought on by cold wet weather or wet hair
- the symptoms start suddenly (often disappearing as suddenly as they came)
- high fever, red face, little thirst, moist, sweaty skin, a desire not to be uncovered
- when feverish you feel either drowsy or irritable but not anxious (as with Aconite)
- throbbing, burning, cramping pain with red, hot, inflamed areas (e.g., throat, ear)
- sensitivity to movement, light and noise
The cold begins with chills, trembling and the chattering of teeth, you feel tired, weak and floppy and suffer from headache, muscle ache and sore throat. Especially for a summer flu and if your face is dark red in colour.
- For flu, fears, stage fright and nervous exhaustion.
- flu with initial chills that run up and down the spine
- head flu with a pain that rises from the back of the
- neck up to the eyes (sometimes accompanied by disturbed vision)
- you feel tired and exhausted; you cannot keep your eyes open
- physical and mental fatigue, feeling shivering and achy
- anticipatory fears, such as exams, interviews (possibly with trembling and diarrhoea)
Rhus tox, Arnica
Flu with intense bone and muscle aches or a ‘battered and bruised’ sensation
Recommended (Rhus Tox) :
For strains, sprains, aching joints and backache, bladder problems, colds, hoarseness.
- often caused by the cold and damp
- great restlessness and unease
- intense thirst
- the tongue often has a red tip
- although initially painful and stiff, the condition improves with continuous gentle movement, gets worse when resting
- aching joints when you have a cold or flu
Recommended (Arnica) :
For all kinds of injuries, muscle ache, bleeding, flu and sleeplessness.
- shock following an injury
- bruises, contusion, strains
- muscle ache and physical exertion
- you feel sore and lame, battered and bruised
- you may feel oversensitive and not want to be touched; even the bed may feel too hard.
Flu with intense bone and muscle aches or a battered and bruised’ sensation. And you also suffer from fever and headaches
A cold that develops slowly, accompanied by intense thirst, irritability and a strong desire to be left alone in peace
For dry coughs, constipation, aching joints and backache.
- often caused by anger and (financial) worries
- the slightest movement is intolerable, only total rest helps
- you feel irritable and long for peace and quiet
- very thirsty for lots of cold drinks
- stitching pains
- dry cough, which is painful in the chest and hurts the head
You suffer from a burning, watery thin nasal discharge and feel weak and chilly with a desire for warmth and warm thinks.
For food poisoning with vomiting and diarrhoea, colds and asthmatic coughs, insomnia
- you feel cold, weak, restless and anxious
- the slightest exertion is utterly exhausting
- diarrhoea, vomiting and spastic stomach cramps
- cold with a runny nose, cough with wheezing
- burning pains
- desire for warmth and warm drinks