You have sudden, severe pain aggravated by the slightest movement and an intolerance to warm applications.
Recommended: For all acute or feverish complaints that appear suddenly and with intensity. For best results, take the remedy as soon as the symptoms appear :
- often caused by dry cold, cold wind, panic and shock
- complaints come suddenly and are extremely fierce
- fever rises rapidly and may be very high, with a hot, dry skin
- patient is extremely restless and anxious
- intense thirst for cold drinks
You ache and feel bruised, sore and limping, as if someone has beaten you up, and even the bed feels too hard. The condition improves with rest and warmth.
Recommended: For all kinds of injuries, muscle ache, bleeding, flu and sleeplessness.
- shock following an injury
- bruises, contusion, strains
- muscle ache and physical exertion
- you feel sore and lame, battered and bruised
- you may feel oversensitive and not want to be touched; even the bed may feel too hard.
Initial movements feel stiff, painful and strained but improve with gentle, continuous movement. In such cases warmth will always help.
Recommended: For strains, sprains, aching joints and backache, bladder problems, colds, hoarseness.
- often caused by the cold and damp
- great restlessness and unease
- intense thirst
- the tongue often has a red tip
- although initially painful and stiff, the condition improves with continuous gentle movement; gets worse when resting
- aching joints when you have a cold or flu
On the contrary, you have to keep absolutely still because the slightest movement causes unbearable pain.
Recommended: For dry coughs, constipation, aching joints and backache.
- often caused by anger and (financial) worries
- the slightest movement is intolerable, only total rest helps
- you feel irritable and long for peace and quiet
- very thirsty for lots of cold drinks
- stitching pains
- dry cough, which is painful in the chest and hurts the head
The pain is worse when you move and better in the warmth, and you have to sit up to be able to turn around in bed.
Recommended: For digestive disorders, nausea and retching, constipation, backache, PMT, menstrual pain, earache, disturbed sleep, hangovers.
- after-effects of rich food or food that is off, an excess of alcohol, smoking, coffee, an abuse of medical and recreational drugs, stress and a lack of sleep
- nausea with retching (you cannot vomit), food lies like a stone in the stomach
- very stressed, irritable and oversensitive
Magnesium phosphoricum, Colocynthis
Sciatica, with neuralgic pains shooting down the leg
Recommended (Magnesium phosphoricum) :
- For colic, stomach ache, menstrual pain, toothache, teething and sciatica (The most effective way to take the remedy is crushed in hot water and sipped.)
- spasmodic, shooting pains, eased by anything warm (hot-water bottle), tender pressure, rubbing, massage or bending double
- the pain comes and goes suddenly, or frequently changes places
Recommended (Colocynthis) :
- For spasmodic pain, colic, menstrual pain and sciatica.
- often caused by anger and resentment; you feel very irritable when ill
- cramps and colic; bent double with pain
- eased by pressure (babies lie on their tummies)
- sciatica with numbness; you have to bend your leg to relieve the pain