One of the biggest benefits of the Internet is the huge amount of information we all have available at our fingertips. You can use this information to learn more and get a better chance at getting one of the best jobs. Whether you’re 5 years or 95 years, the internet has a lot to offer. Particularly when the topic is education, the resources on the internet are endless. Best of all, many high quality sites are completely free. To start your search, we’ve compiled Top 10 Free Online Education Websites to help you learn in 2023.
1. CourseraCoursera partners with more than 275 leading universities and companies to bring flexible, affordable, job-relevant online learning to individuals and organizations worldwide. They offer a range of learning opportunities—from hands-on projects and courses to job-ready certificates and degree programs. Generally speaking, Coursera courses are free to audit, but if you want to access graded assignments or earn a Course Certificate, you will need to pay. Auditing a course on Coursera does not give you a certificate. Therefore, if your end goal is to land a job with your newly gathered skills and knowledge, you might want to consider paying for the course so that you can put a Coursera certificate onto your resume. Coursera offers free programs and certifications from accredited institutions. These free certification courses available online on this platform are designed by a leading university. Website : https://www.coursera.org/ Courses they Offer : https://about.coursera.org/how-coursera-works/
2. Khan AcademyKhan Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Created by experts, Khan Academy’s library of trusted, standards-aligned practice and lessons covers math K-12 through early college, grammar, science, history, SAT®, and more. It’s all free for learners and teachers. With Khan Academy, teachers can identify gaps in their students’ understanding, tailor instruction, and meet the needs of every student. Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Khan Academy tackle math, science, computing, history, art history, economics, and more, including K-14 and test preparation (SAT, Praxis, LSAT) content. Khan Academy focus on skill mastery to help learners establish strong foundations, so there’s no limit to what they can learn next! Website : https://www.khanacademy.org/
3. Open Culture Online CoursesThe Best Free Cultural & Educational Media on the Web. The website was founded in 2006 by Dan Coleman, who is the Director and Associate Dean of Stanford University’s Continuing Education Program. Open Culture has information and resources that touch on nearly every knowledge base. Along the top and right hand side of the site are links to the various resources the website provides. This is where the real strength of the website shines through. For anyone who thought learning a language was too pricy an attempt will be glad to know that Open Culture provides links to free lessons for Bulgarian and Hindi and nearly everything in between. Audiobooks, movies and college courses are also offered, free of charge. While the textbooks seem to be available online only, everything else is available for download or through iTunes. Open Culture operates on a simple premise, to find and organize free, high quality, intelligent media. The result is an exemplary collection of the best of what the Internet has to offer. Each resource provided here shouldn’t be thought of as just a free link, but an opportunity to learn something new. Open Culture brings together high-quality cultural & educational media for the worldwide lifelong learning community. Web 2.0 has given a great amounts of intelligent audio and video. It’s all free. It’s all enriching. But it’s also scattered across the web, and not easy to find. There whole mission is to centralize this content, curate it, and give you access to this high quality content whenever and wherever you want it. Some of our major resource collections include:
- 1,700 Free Online Courses from Top Universities
- 4,000+ Free Movies Online: Great Classics, Indies, Noir, Westerns, Documentaries & More
- 1,000 Free Audio Books: Download Great Books for Free
- 800 Free eBooks for iPad, Kindle & Other Devices
- MOOCs from Great Universities (Many With Certificates)
- Learn 46 Languages Online for Free: Spanish, Chinese, English & More
- 200 Free Kids Educational Resources: Video Lessons, Apps, Books, Websites & More
4. UdemyUdemy, Inc. is an education technology company that provides an online learning and teaching platform. It was founded in May 2010 by Eren Bali, Gagan Biyani, and Oktay Caglar. Udemy is an online learning platform. The name “Udemy” is a combination of the words “you” and “academy”. As you can tell, Udemy is all about the education of you. This is possible with the creation of courses by skilled and expert instructors from around the world. Each Udemy course is created, owned and managed by the instructor(s). The foundation of each Udemy course are its lectures, which can include videos, slides, and text. In addition, instructors can add resources and various types of practice activities, as a way to enhance the learning experience of students. Udemy offer you lifetime access to the reading materials. You will have an easy learning experience since you can always refer to the course at any given point. It is an affordable learning experience that will help you hone a collection of skills. Overall: Udemy is one of the fastest-growing, most popular and instantly recognisable e-learning sites on the internet. And it is well worth the recognition. This platform gives you freedom as a learner and provides you with the skills you need to excel in whatever you’re interested in. Website : https://www.udemy.com/
5. EdxedX is a mission-driven, massive open online course (MOOC) provider. We partner with the world’s leading universities and organizations to offer high-quality online courses to learners across the world. To explore our 3,500+ courses, please visit our course catalog. Courses consist of video and text content, discussion forums, and a number of problem and assessment types. Click on the course you are interested in to see more details and to enroll. The majority of edX courses are entirely free to access and most offer an optional paid verified certificate track with graded assignments and the opportunity to work towards a certificate for a fee that varies per course. The Verified track awards a certificate after you successfully pass the course. Verified certificates are a great way to showcase the skills and knowledge you’ve gained, and can help advance your professional or academic career. Energy Dispersive X-Ray Analysis (EDX), referred to as EDS or EDAX, is an x-ray technique used to identify the elemental composition of materials. Applications include materials and product research, troubleshooting, deformulation, and more. Website : https://www.edx.org/
6. SWAYAM CentralSwayam Central. SWAYAM is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., Access, Equity and Quality. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged. SWAYAM refers to a government initiative that aims to uphold the three guiding principles of Indian education policy—access, equity, and quality. Another main objective of SWAYAM is to bridge the digital divide to make online learning accessible to all including those who do not have access to it. Features of SWAYAM Scheme
- Courses that are offered in the classroom from 9th class till post-graduation.
- The courses hosted are divided into four quadrants:
- Video lecture
- Specially devised reading material that can be downloaded/ printed
- Self-assessment tests
- Online discussion form for clearing doubts
- Course categories include – Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities, Language, Mathematics, Commerce, Arts, and Recreation, General, Library, Education.
- The courses offered are free of cost to the learners.
- Learners who require certification will have to register and pay a fee to obtain the same.
- At the end of each course, there will be an assessment of the student through supervised examination. The marks/grades obtained in this assessment can be transferred to the academic records of the students. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has already issued the UGC (Credit Framework for online learning courses through SWAYAM) Regulation 2016 advising Universities to identify the courses where credits can be transferred on the academic record of the students who have pursued courses through SWAYAM scheme.
7. AlisonAlison is a provider of free online courses at Diploma and Certificate levels. Driven by the goal of providing free education irrespective of barriers like geography or economic status, Alison provides 4000 free online courses, with new offerings every week. Currently, the platform caters to the learning needs of over 25 million registered learners, 5 Million graduates from around the world and over 175 Thousand more signing up every month to access the free education and fulfil their life goals. As a pioneer of the MOOC (Massive Open Online Courseware) movement in 2007, Alison’s vision is to be the world’s leading provider of free high quality knowledge. Alison has received numerous awards for its pioneering work, including a UNESCO AWARD for Innovation in ICT for Education in 2011 and World Innovation Summit for Education Award (WISE) in 2013. Alison is the first free online learning platform that has developed and employed a scalable sustainable self-funding model. Website : https://alison.com/
8. OpenLearnOpenLearn – the home of free learning from The Open University. Whether it’s a 60-second animated video or a 24-hour course you are after, you will find it on OpenLearn for free. You can use OpenLearn to:
- browse the subject categories todiscover articles, watch videos and interact with features and games created by our academic experts and guest contributors
- discover the most popular courses, articles and interactives withour top 10 lists
- take one of our free courses
- check out our resources and guides For Studyand For Life
- explore new topics to build your personal knowledge or look for reference material for an OU module you are already studying
- earn a digital badge or statement of participationas evidence of your learning
- check out our other initiatives such as our collaborative partnerships with the Department for Work and Pensions and MoneySavingExpert
- explore our sister site, OpenLearn Create, where individuals and organisations can publish their own free courses and resources
9. MIT OpenCourse WareMIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a free, publicly accessible, openly-licensed digital collection of high-quality teaching and learning materials, presented in an easily accessible format. MIT OpenCourseWare is a free and open collection of material from thousands of MIT courses, covering the entire MIT curriculum. Knowledge is your reward. Use OCW to guide your own life-long learning, or to teach others. MIT does not offer credit or certification to users of OCW – and asks for nothing in return. With MIT OpenCourseWare, you won’t get to participate in class discussions. Nor will you receive constructive criticism on your work or be able to ask questions of your professors. The success of OpenCourseWare is due to those professors. It’s their teaching materials that are being published for the world to see. MIT’s mission isn’t to make money; it’s to further knowledge and education in the fields it focuses on. Making online course materials free helps them do that. Classes are only part of an MIT education, and OCW is only part of the classes. Website : https://ocw.mit.edu/
10. CodecademyCodecademy is an online platform that teaches programming skills to students of all levels. Through thousands of online courses, Codecademy offers a wealth of content covering 12 programming languages and two markup languages (HTML and CSS). Students can choose from a free membership and a paid “Pro” membership. Codecademy is the site to go for if you’re new to coding. The lessons are focused, comprehensive and give you the chance to practice and test your knowledge. All of this will culminate in you making faster progress than you’d ever expect. At Codecademy, we are committed to empowering all people, regardless of where they are in their coding journeys, to continue to learn, grow, and make an impact on the world around them. You can use your Codecademy certificate to apply for a programming job and earn more income. Learn the basics of coding with Codecademy and improve your skills. The learning experience on Codecademy is amazing, and there are very few online learning platforms that can compete with it. Website : https://www.codecademy.com/
Disclaimer : This Video & Information is only for Education purpose.