Health sciences and public health deal with the study of health, disease and the factors affecting them. Government and private hospitals around the world and international health agencies like World Health Organisation (WHO) are promoting the well-being of general public through health care programmes to prevent diseases and improve the quality of life. The human longevity is increased due to such programmes and people are being educated about health care. Deadly disease like smallpox has been completely eradicated from the world long back and polio is on the brink of being eradicated.
Trained, primary and supportive healthcare workers and paramedical staff are required in the health sector from local community to a large-scale population. As health care is necessary for all human beings, the health science workers are always in demand. Since it is a worldwide necessity, it has rather become one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing industries. In small communities, there are government dispensaries which provide medicines and consultations free of cost. Due to publicity and advertisements, even the uneducated lot get aware of the health programmes, especially the polio immunization and other vaccinations to the children.
10+2 in science with minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry, biology and / or mathematics. (In some courses. Medical Laboratory Technology Diploma holders can also apply).
- Optometry (3 years + 1 year Clinical Experience)
- Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS)
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Dialysis Technology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Operation Theatre and Anesthesia Technology
- Radiology and Imaging Technology
- Paramedical Science Diploma
- Diploma in Clinical Echo Cardiography
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Mother Teresa Institute of Postgraduate and Research Institute of Health Sciences, Puducherry Web: http://www.pondiuni.edu.in/affiliation/mother-theresa-post-graduate-and-research-institute-health-sciences
- ITM Institute of Health Sciences (SNDT University affiliated, Government of Maharashtra approved courses), Maharashtra Web: https://itm.edu/institute-of-health-sciences
- MIOT Academy of Allied Health Sciences, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- School of Allied Health Sciences (SOAHS), Manipal, Karnataka. Web: https://manipal.edu/soahs-manipal.html
- Multi-National companies,
- Academic Institutes, etc.