Oil, gas and power are the backbones of any country for its development. It is easy to operate any domestic machine that requires electric power or a gas stove in the kitchen, but to produce such user- friendly appliances require tremendous amount of expertise. Besides these, there are other projects concerning transportation, information technology, aviation, port and shipping, and logistics and supply chain.
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), based in Dehradun fulfils these requirements and offers B. Tech programmes in various fields of engineering. This is Asia’s first energy and core sector university. These highly specialised contemporary programmes aim to meet the industry requirements for the next two decades and its graduates are offered lucrative jobs.
(I) B. Tech (Fire & Safety Engineering)
- Fire & Safety Engineer
- Safety Officer
- Safety Engineer
- Manager/Advisor— Fire & Safety
- Health, Safety & Environment Engineer
- Industrial Fire & Safety Engineer
- Fire & Safety Consultant
- Fire & Safety Faculty in Educational Institutions
(II) B. Tech (Core Engineering Sectors)
- Applied Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Geo Science Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Geo Informatics Engineering
- Automotive Design Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
(III) Techno-Legal Programmes
- Energy Technology + LLB with specialization in intellectual property rights (5-year course)
- Computer Science + specialization in Cyber Law.
(IV) BBA Programmes
- Oil & Gas Marketing
- Aviation Operations
- Logistic Management
- Auto Marketing
Minimum 60 % marks at 10+2 or equivalent (PCM) Admission criteria : UPES Engineering Aptitude Test followed by centralised counselling.