You might have observed that when a person gets injured and breaks his hand, the orthopedic surgeon puts a plaster on the injured part. After some weeks when the plaster is removed and the broken hand is alright, the doctor recommends to do necessary exercises of the hand. Here comes the assistance of a physiotherapist who suggests the correct way of doing exercises. Physiotherapy, a branch of modem medical science, is the treatment of deformity or malfunctioning of an organ by therapeutic measures like exercises, heat, light, water, waxing, electrical shocks, etc. The primary function of physiotherapy treatment is rehabilitation which is essential for a patient to enable him to safely return to his normal life.
Physiotherapists are always in demand. Accidents can occur at any time, whether it is some sports events, a natural calamity, or just from a fall. Rehabilitation can be of any kind: physical injury, cardiac or neurological problems, obstetrics, gynecological, pediatrics, geriatrics, or occupational therapy. Similarly, pain management is an integral part of physiotherapy.
An experienced physiotherapist is well-paid all over the world. They are in great demand in Canada and USA. This is one reason many Indians physiotherapists move to these countries.
Eligibility Criteria :
10+2 or equivalent in any stream
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (4 1/2 years) (10+2; 45% aggregate)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (4 1/2 years) (10+2; 45% aggregate)
- BPT + MPT (5 years)
- B. Sc. — Medical Physiology (3 years) (10 + 2 with PCB 50%)
- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped, Delhi. Web: http://www.iphnewdelhi.in/Home.aspx
- Faculty of Applied Sciences, Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad, Haryana. Web: https://manavrachna.edu.in/
- ApoIlo College of Physiotherapy, Chhattisgarh. Web: https://www.apollocollegedurg.com/ApolloCollege/Site/Index.php
- Indian Institute of Health Education & Research, Patna, Bihar. Web: http://www.iiher.com/
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, Bihar. Web: http://www.igims.org/
In Government and Private Hospitals